09 10

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Elegant Pin cushion



First off all I want to thank everyone for your sweet comments and emails.  My unique internet/blogger friends are increasing day by day.  You guys are so inspiring.  I would like to hear more from you and I love to make more things...

Yesterday my sister was working on this fabric which we got for our lovely friend Sri.  Sri, you will be happy to hear this; 'your dress making project  is in progress'.  I sneaked 12cm two bit from the lot..hahha.  I was so excited when I saw the fabric.




Do you know how much I love this gold print on white fabric.One of the reason is its our traditional wedding dress colour. The bride typically wears white or pastel colored saree with elegant gold border. Although now the trend as undergo complete revamp, I was determined to wear cream and gold saree. Oh ghosh! every women will look very graceful and elegant in this combo.

With 12cm square bit I made something very cute and useful everyday.  Yeah, A Elegant Pin cushion.  This is simple and small version of ruffle pillow.   
  • Cut 2 square fabric A of 12cmx 12cm for front and back.
  • Cut fabric B 2"x 28" long strip for ruffle. I love the gold print so sew the three pleat between the design, so the design look closer. 

  • On the right side of the square one sew the gathered ruffle, keep the raw edge even.
  • As the ruffle are done now with right side together pin the backside of pin cushion to the front.
  • Sew all around the four side leaving 6cm opening to insert the form.
  • Now turn right side out and press.
  • All ready to insert the form inside and hand sew the opening.

I simply made the fabric flower with the left over fabric and sew it in the center. From my collection I chose the baby pink bead.


 The crazy part is that my camera goes click click... My only problem is that I can't chose one picture of the bunch. So enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. oi pupa! SUPERB cushion! I can't stop going ga-ga over your innovative works di! I would any day sacrifice my wardrobe if it means converting them to such cute work :) Keep going. Be ready to accept a novice trainee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your elegant pin cushion. I'm going to take your idea and make them as Christmas gifts for the ladies in my sewing guild.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.