09 10

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wong's inspiring creation

I'm so excited to welcome Wong from Petitekids here today.  Her shop is classic charm of kid's collection.  I really enjoyed getting to know her and happy to share about her work.


                                                   Introducing guest from Malaysia - Wong 






Tell us something about you and your country

I am Wong. I am from Malaysia, a place where you can find multicultural and multiracial people living harmoniously. Since young I was exposed to many different people and cultures, which I find now one of the sources of inspiration for my creations.


What do you create?


I design and write sewing patterns for children clothing. I started sewing when my daughter was born, and from there I slowly developed the interest to create PDF patterns to share my passion and knowledge with others who have the same interest.


  
Why do you create?


I started sewing for my daughter when I found that it is always troublesome to find the exact clothing that suits her. I started looking for tutorials and from there I learnt the skills to sew, and it didn't take long for it to become my passion. My sewing passion soon evolved into designing and writing instructions for beginner seamstress. 
                                

Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?


I do sell my PDF patterns and Instructions in my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Petitekids, and occasionally take in custom orders.   


  
 
What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned in your crafting?


When I just started, I was anxious to see results, but then I realized I will have to be patient and slowly build my client base. Being impatient will only add stress to myself and that does not help in creating. 


 
What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?



I have not really thought of what success is. I just love to see my creations and designs worn on happy little kids. Seeing my customers smile is my biggest achievement. Being able to share my passion with mothers that would like to make something for their kids is my best motivation. 
    
 So what's next?


I will be expanding my designs to include fashion for boys. I would also like to learn more new sewing techniques that I can include in my designs.





Thanks for your lovely answers Wong and for sharing your beautiful work with us!


Do go and visit shop and check out more of her wonderful creations! https://www.facebook.com/petitekids









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.