09 10

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Creating Success Around the World

Creating Success Around the World - Madeline  from Malaysia

Welcome to


Creating Success Around the World. The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.  







Every Wednesday our hosts will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.  
Here's the hosts. Click on the buttons to visit them and see who they are featuring this week.




Jill in Australasia
Jill in Australasia
Daffy in Asia
Daffy in Asia
Introducing this week's guest from Malaysia - Madeline 






Tell us something about you and your country?

My name is Madeline Kuan and I was born and raised in Kuala Lumpur which is the capital of Malaysia. As a child, handicraft has always been a huge interest for me. I enjoy creating various forms of arts including polymer clay which I discovered several years ago.






What do you create? 



I create polymer clay flower beads and and transform them into exquisite jewelry such as bracelet, necklace, earrings, brooch, ring and bag charm.



 

Why do you create?


I enjoy creating each piece of delicate flower - petal by petal with a mixture of unlimited colors. Each piece is original and unique on its own.

 

Do you sell your creations, if so how and where? is it profitable?


I have been selling my jewelry in Etsy shop (beadscraftz) since 2008. Occasionally, I also sell them at local bazaars which gives me an opportunity to expose to local market since most of my customers are from overseas. At the same time, I can also interact with other local crafters.




 
What mistakes have you made or lessons have you learned in your crafting?


I think we should never under price our work. Yes, it can be very competitive but we just have to wait for the right buyer, someone who admire and appreciate our work and will certainly take good care of our creation.

What to you is success? Have you achieved it yet or are you on your way towards success?


Since I am from the other part of the world, success to me is when I am able to break into the international market and my creations will be exposed to a wider range of people from all over the world. Yes, I have achieved that after my first year at Etsy.



 

So what's next?


These days, I'm looking into diversifying and venturing in natural based cold-process soaps which I started a few months ago. There's still a lot to learn and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Feel free to check out my soaps atwww.facebook.com/SoapyDeli 






Thanks for your lovely answers Madeline   - and for sharing your beautiful work with us!







Do go and visit  shop and check out more of her wonderful creations!

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact us!




4 comments:

  1. Madeline's jewellery is stunning! I'm off to see more in her etsy shop! Thanks for the introduction Daffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite creations Madeline. Ill surely check ur products in etsy. Thanks Daffy for showcasing these talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing us to this amazing artist....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.