09 10

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simple T shirt Bracelet

Have you seen the Tutorial for 5-strand-braided-headbands by Ashley from make it -loveit.  I was so inspired I was cutting down all the T shirt.  I was trying it out for last few days.  It all started for my husband birthday, he loves bracelet and I wanted to make one for him.  Hope you checked out in my previous post what I gifted my husband,  I managed to add beads in between the braids.


This is a simple, easy and repetitive process, I learned it from one of my friend.  All you need is some old T shirts, needle and matching thread.



Lets cut the 2" long strips, you need twice the length you are making , for my husband's wrist I used around 16" long.

Step 1 Take 4 strips and slightly curly it. So it is easy to braid.  I took two black and two white, you can choose different colors they look very pretty after braided.

Step 2 Stitch them together to keep it secure.

Step 3 Lay the strips, split the black strips each sides(left and right) and white strips each sides (left and right).
Step 4 Bring the black strips together as shown below.
Step 5 Take the black strip on the left and cross the strip right next to it , bring all the way under beneath the white strips.

I don't  know whether I have confused you please check the picture they are self explanatory

Step 6 Slide it through the gap between black and white strip on the extreme left.

Step 7 Pull the left hand strip and tight (you can adjust the tightness as you start braiding the next side)

We are going to repeat the process again on other side.
 Step 8 Take the black strip on the right and cross the strip left next to it , bring all the way under beneath the white strips

Step 9  Slide it through the gap between white and black strip on the extreme right.

Step10 Pull the left hand strip and tight (you can adjust the tightness as you start braiding the next side)

Step 11 Then split the white strips left and right.

We going to do the same thing with the white strips now, so take the white strip on the right and cross the strip left next to it , bring all the way under beneath the black strips.  Slide it through the gap between black and white strip on the extreme left. Then repeat the process on the left side.


Keep repeating until the end and keep adjusting the tension as well.


Step 12 Braid till the end once you are done at the end.

Step 13 Stitch both the ends together with needle and matching thread.

Step 14 Take a rectangle piece to cover the stitches.

Step 15 Neatly cover the ends with the rectangle piece, tucking the ends inside and stitch it.

The bracelet is ready to wear...Try with different colors they look beautiful on hand.


Let me know if I have confused you....


You can also try this with thread or rope.  I made one with thin black rope for my husband.

7 comments:

  1. These are very cute! I think I'm gonna make some for my daughter from her fav shirts she's outgrown...perfect! Thanks!
    Stopping by from the Sunday Showcase Party.
    Would you please link this up to My Favorite Things Friday Party! I would love it if you did =D
    Thanks
    ~Iffy~
    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple yet cute & perfect reuse of those favorite t-shirts or not-so-favorite ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors! I like this 4-piece braid, makes a very pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out so pretty. I love that you can recycle old t's and use a bunch of different colors. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daffy I have a new party every Friday & it runs all week, so you didn't miss it =D
    Here's the address http://stayathomenation.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweet-tooth-satisfaction-3-puddin-pops.html
    Hope you come back by.
    Thanks
    ~Iffy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute idea, thanks for sharing.
    I saw you at "the shabby nest" :) you got a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute way to upcycle t-shirts! These remind me of those braided friendship bracelets. :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.