09 10

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

100things for my 100th post

My blog has finally made it to 100th post today!! I wanted to celebrate something special. Oh yeah...it’s time to toast Wine. I genuinely appreciate your support and look forward to do more celebrations with you in the future.



After a lot of thought process how to make this post special.  I decided to go post 100things about me. So today is the Day when you will come to know about me a bit more.

1.      Hi my name is K Priya and Daffy is my nickname given by my husband.

2.      I always had nick name wherever I go (home, school, college, office, roommates...)

3.      I was a total tomboy growing up.  Sometime, I still am

4.      I’m 5.1feet tall

5.      We three sisters were born in January and we are very close to each other.

6.      I have the best parents in the world and my mom is my best friend.

7.      I believe in karma – everything happens for a reason

8.      I like practicing reiki and yoga, I wish I could continue everyday...

9.      I’m very adaptable person to event or people- makes my life easier

10.  I speak my mind, some people find me harsh

11.  I like to organise things. It relaxes me.

12.  I kind of make do-list for everything.

13.  With my husband I get very emotional - my tears are uncontrollable

14.  I love tea anytime of the day.

15.  I love Nando's chicken rather than Big Mac/KFC

16.  Best dessert anytime is Fruit salad with vanilla ice cream topping.

17.  Seafood is my favorite dish.

18.  I love to cook, eat and try something new

19.  I love yogurt and stuff made with yogurt

20.  I love to eat butter and cheese way too much

21.  I’m fast eater, not chewing food properly.  I used to go crazy at time when I see people eat slowly.  Now I realized the goodness and working on it to be a slow eater.

22.  I always thought how people eat baked potato, later when I tried jacket potato with bean and cheese.  Wow! I enjoyed eating it; but still I don’t like mashed potato

23.  I love traveling... Venice, Switzerland and Goa are places I like to travel again.

24.  I love planning trips - holidays, weekends away and road trip.   I like planning detailed itineraries. Best I enjoyed one I made for Switzerland


25.  We had to drop our travel to Caribbean island; because I was pregnant.  Waiting to make one in future

26.  My favourite colour is green

27.  White and red flower attracts me the most

28.  I like polka dots

29.  I love the smell of earth when it rains.

30.  I love to have a sea facing dream house with big garden.

31.  Speaking about gardening, anywhere I go I find myself coming back with small plant, seed or at least stem.

32.  Green plants and blue sea make me relax/calm. 

33.  I’m scared of blood. When I was a kid I had to get my blood tested, I fainted right after they pulled the needle out.  And today I take my little boy for his vaccination.

34.  I was scared to go to or visit someone in hospital, but during my pregnancy most of time I went by myself for check-up

35.  I used to get scared when I hear snoring  

36.  I can’t see scary movie alone

37.  I use to have a terrible fear of public speaking but I could dance and enact skit.

38.  I hate being late and I hate when people make me wait.

39.  My husband, my sisters and my Mom are very creative people – paint, craft, and sewing.

40.  I can’t sing, but love to hear someone sing.  Will you believe it I don’t know even a single song with full lyrics.

41.  I made my husband to sing my favorite song on the beach shore around 1pm peak summer afternoon (crazy thing).

42.  When I was dating my husband, we would talk whole night over phone & our bill used to cost us a fortune

43.  My First candle light dinner with my boyfriend (my husband now) was at Copperpoint in GRT.

44.  I love evening beach walks and our first dating was by the beach.

45.  I love the beach. I especially love sitting in the warm sand, watching the waves and walking on the shore.

46.  I drive my husband crazy almost every day, but I just can’t be without him around me.

47.  I love going for long drive especially when the weather is pleasant

48.  I love to eat hot pakoda and sleep when it is raining.

49.  I was bitten by a dog when I was a kid, left with just a scare and nothing series.   Since then I’m scared of dog.

50. I love the smell of nail polish 


51.  I never believed in love marriage (though not against it).  Finally when it happened ours was love marriage.

52.  I fell down the first day I learned to ride the bike.  Almost got 4 stitches on my feet, doctor took out broken glass piece from under my feet.

53.  When I was 10years old I broke my left incisor- I remember running and getting tangled up in my long dress and finally tripped over

54.  I adore my Honda bike. I bought my bike with my own saving.

55.  I’ve been involved in two bike accidents, although neither was my fault

56.  I love watching movies like Note book, Taken, Green mile, Life is beautiful

57.  I always prefer to read the book before watching the film.

58.  I like fashion which is elegant and classic

59.  I like Zara, Next, New-look collection of clothes.

60.  I like to try different new and creative things like cooking, crafting, hairstyling, jewel making, rangoli etc

61.  I am not a night person, by default I get up early can’t sleep later than 9am

62.  I never agreed with my parents in marrying a man over 3years elder to me, but I fell in love with my sweetheart who is 6years elder to me.

63.  Both I and my husband have big collection of watches.

64.  I have a great collection of earring and love to match up with my dress.

65.  I’m scared to pierce my ear, unfortunately when I was little kid I had to pierce 4 times because I used to get infected often.

66.  I always wanted to learn Veena but never got chance and patience.

67.  I enjoy photography, beginning to learn new stuffs

68.  I had a miscarriage in my first pregnancy.  Though it was physically and mentally draining I got over it.

69.  I fell down when I was three months into my 2 nd pregnancy, I was scared but then I figured everything was ok

70.  Me and my husband wanted a girl baby

71.  I learned how blessed I was to get a little adorable boy.

72.  Mine was a normal delivery and didn’t take any sort of painkiller. 

73.  I tried hard to get centum in Accounts but I scored centum in Statistics. 

74.  I still drop things and spill things

75.  I don’t have sweet tooth, but I can’t stop eating sugar cotton candy


76.  Can’t remember all the books I have read.  My favorites are Gone with the wind, Fountain head, We the living

77.  I started working while I was in my third year of college and I worked until one week before my son’s birth.

78.  Now being a SAHM(stay at home mom), I love playing with my boy and crafting

79.  I had fun going to party, clubbing, social get together but right now I love to stay at home almost all day with my family

80.  I have danced in school competition, college and office as well. I admire the dance shows.

81.  I love my hair and like to try different hair style (cutting, coloring, perming, relaxing,)

82.  I like to be in a spa for one whole day relaxing (massage, facial, manicure, pedicure)

83.  I like wearing saris. I have a collection of saris.

84.  I’m terrified by lizard even if it is a baby lizard. I hate their texture...

85.  I love being in water.  I wanted to have water pool birth for my son but it was too uncomfortable.

86.  I love swimming, but I can’t swim.  Hoping to learn one day.  Every time when we go to the pool I try to float.

87.  My dream job is to have a studio for my creative work and teach people to explore their creative side.

88.  I was terrible at history but I liked my history teacher she was too good at heart

89.  I’m not good at learning a new language.

90.  When I was in college I had a friend who had many things in common with me. Her name too was K Priya, her birthday was 4Th of Jan while mine was 5Th of Jan, she was also the second child in her family, and she also had an elder sister and a younger sister.  Believe it or not for Convocation day we ended up wearing same saree( colour and pattern) without planning.

91.  I love London I lived there for 3 year –London underground railway system is great.

92.  My first pet was 2 goldfish my husband gifted for our wedding anniversary.  We named them daffy and shashu as per our nickname. When one fish died I cried a lot

93.  I’m obsessed with handbags! I love to go on handbag shopping.

94.  I hate people who try to pretend like someone else.  Why act like someone else? why can’t you be your own?

95.  I’ve no tattoos , I like to have one but scared of the pain

96.  I’m very picky about friends I choose

97.  I get turned off  by people who has bad dressing sense

98.  I rarely remember my dreams after I wake up

99.  I can’t whistle I always try to do

100. Sometimes things I dream about come true.





I wonder how many people actually read through my entire list. If you did, leave me a comment. I’d love to thank you for taking the time to get to know me a little better.

 


5 comments:

  1. Congrats da on this milestone! But ofcourse I read it... more inquisitive to find things that I didn't know about you :) some common likings with mine such as reading, eating sugar cotton candy (panju mittai), a house facing beach with garden; Some new things about you like ur dream job,not liking lizard :) Good writeup to mark 100th blog! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Priya...a good one...As I read through there was a sense of inquisitiveness to know you better and better! You are such an open person! Be the same always..you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read them all. Thanks for sharing so much and congratulations on your 100th post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you so much for taking time, nice of you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,I read and appreciate all feedback.